In a message dated 6/26/2006 5:56:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

EM  radiation DOES cause cancer and cell damage and physical trauma.
Go  lie out naked in the sun for a while, you'll see.

It's whether *these  frequencies* at *this power* can cause damage
that is in question,  and whether there are cumulative effects. Like I
said in another  post, I think the balance of evidence is that the
risk is negligable  compared to other risks. I'm certainly far more
worried about skin  cancer than I am about brain tumours.
Once again the key has to be whether the em radiation from cell phones is
powerful enough to cause DNA damage in the brain. My point is that the brain is

bathed in em all the time and unless the cell phones produce a different or
more  powerful type of radiation the brain should have no trouble dealing with
this.  By the way there is no evidence of increased cancer risks in adults who
have  undergone CT scan even multiple scans where the radiation exposure is
orders of  magnitudes greater than that from a cell phone. Even radiation
therapy to the  brain does not cause a significant increase in additional
cancers.
Radiation at  therapeutic doses is bad. it damages the blood vessels in the
brain and leads to  chronic ischemia but not to an increase in second primary
tumors. By the way the  reason that exposure to the sun leads to increase in
cancer is not as far as I  understand directly due to direct damage to DNA.
Rather the sun causes tissue  damage and the response to this damage is
cellular
proliferation. Proliferating  cells are much more likely to undergo mutations
leading to cancer.