Sigh,

Sharpen your pencil Warren and follow along as best you can.

On Jun 28, 2006, at 11:33 AM, Warren Ockrassa wrote:

Hyperbole, lots thereof -- but where are the facts, the figures, etc.?

Just one example:

"Molten steel unearthed six months after the collapse displays energy levels simple kinetic forces cannot foster."

Quantify, please.

Free-falling from WTC heights
The towers were 1350 and 1360 feet tall. So let's start by using our trusty free-fall equation to see how long it should take an object to free-fall from the towers' former height.

Distance = 1/2 x Gravity x Time(squared)
or
Time(squared) = (2 x Distance) / Gravity
Time(squared) = 2710 / 32 = 84.7
Time = 9.2

So our equation tells us that it will take 9.2 seconds to free-fall to the ground from the towers' former height. Using the simple equation, V = GT, we can see that at 9.2 seconds, in order to reach the ground in 9.2 seconds, the free-falling object's velocity must be about 295 ft/sec, which is just over 200 mph.

But that can only occur in a vacuum.

Did the floors below use pixie-dust to magically slide out of the way of the ones above them, taking internal sea-level air resistance within them for a joy ride? BTW - leaving a residue of space-vacuum so as not to impede the collapsing upper stories. Since the overbuilt steel structures that had held for almost 40 years were suddenly NO {as in none, nil, nada} impediment we can only assume the internal structure was abnormally affected throughout the building.