[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
AOL Sudoku:
I average 9 minutes for level 1 Level 9 took me 97 minutes. Only time I finished it so far. At 9, I'd really like a move number count and a backup button. Vilyehm

Vilyehm--

Not to brag, but level 1 took me 4 minutes.  With a
bit of practice, one gets quicker at things like
seeing which of the 9 digits is missing from a set
of digits, and so on.

The interface of the AOL sudoku online was a bit
strange at first, but then I saw that it actually
fit quite well with how I do most of the squares.
I go through and place all the 1s I can, then
place all the 2s, and continue until I get stuck.
At the lower levels, one completes the game first.
But for harder levels, there is a point in the
middle where thought is required.

My own private rule is that I'm not allowed to
backtrack; every digit placed must be deduced.
(I'm sure that a computer algorithm to do the
puzzle would just do backtracking, trying a 1
in the first open square, and so on.  So I
refuse to do it that way, because it seems too
boring.)

                                ---David

Not bad for AOL  Maru