--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Bryon Daly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What if the abortion factor was eliminated?

I still have grave reservations about genetic engineering of human
beings.  I don't agree that parents have a blanket right to tinker
with the genetic code of their children without permission - and
obviously the children are in no position to give that permission.

I would agree that the heart of my problem is the abortion issue.  I
find the continued legality of sex-selection abortions in this country
to be gravely disturbing.  You would never imagine that someone could
be killed in the United States on account of their sex, but its true -
and legal.   Nevertheless, in the scenario you envisage, where
abortion is taken out of the equation, I don't expect that I'd be
hopping on the bandwagon.

JDG