Andrew Crystall wrote:

> > Straw man. I don't know who you have in mind but *I*
> certainly am not
> > a relativist and my ethical principles have immovably solid
> foundations.
>
> No, you do not. Your principles have no backing beyond what you feel.

Two things:

How would you know?
And, how about not just what a person feels but also what s/he thinks?

> Yes, amazing how different it is if you, say, follow the teachings of
> say Marx, or L. Ron Hubbard, or your grandma... Oh wait, it's not.

Umm, why does one have to follow *anyone* to the letter? Why can't one
just pick and choose? After all, no one is infallible, believer,
agnostic or atheist, so why should people act as the others *are*
infallible and obviously know better?

Which is my basic problem with religion - God never came up to me and
told me what She wanted me to do. Failing that, I can conceive of no
reason why somebody else's interpretation of what She might or might not
want should matter to me.

Ritu