On 3 Sep 2006, at 10:45PM, Andrew Crystall wrote:

And I'm going to keep on using windows purely because it's what the
programs I use run on, and the Mac's charge a stiff premium for their
hardware.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060823/ap_on_hi_te/tech_test_mac_pro_3

"The recently released Mac Pro maintains the Apple shine in design, usability and software but also does something unexpected: It turns the old Mac versus Windows PC price equation on its head. A low-end Mac Pro will cost you $2,124 compared with $3,071 for a nearly identically configured Dell Precision Workstation 490. The Mac is about $947 cheaper — and the gap widens when you start piling on options such as more memory, faster processors and bigger hard drives."

Best Value Maru

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

And yes, OSX is marvelous. Its merest bootlace, Windows is not worthy to kiss. - David Brin