O.k. time for another season

Week 1

Miami at Pittsburgh - Big Ben may be out, but the Steelers are still
defending champs, and Miami is living on a reputation of beating a lot
of bad teams at the end of last season.  Pick: STEELERS

Baltimore at Tampa Bay - Its always tough to win in the heat and
humidity of Florida in September.   McNair will make the Ravens better,
but maybe not this week.  Pick: BUCS

 New Orleans at Cleveland - The Saints don't appear to have much in the
way of defense.  Pick: BROWNS

Atlanta at Carolina - Everyone has the Panthers as their darling this
season, and the Panthers will be good, but this season will start off
with an upset.  Pick: FALCONS

Detroit at Seattle - The defending NFC Champs pick up where they left
off.   Pick: SEAHAWKS

Philadelphia at Houston - Does anyone think that *Wali Lundy* can make
the Texans forget Reggie Bush?   Pick: EAGLES

NY Jets at Tennessee - The Titans may well start Kerry Collins in this
one, whom they only picked up weeks ago.   At least the Jets have kept
their team together.  Pick: JETS   (UPSET SPECIAL - such as it may be
this week)

Cincinnati at Kansas City - Easily the game of the week.   Herman
Edwards is going to turn the Chiefs around, but Carson Palmer & Co. are
a tough draw for Week 1.  Pick: BENGALS

Denver at St. Louis - I can't say that I have anything pithy to remark
about this game.  Pick: BRONCOS, just because

Buffalo at New England - Even with all the turmoil surrounding the Pats,
the Bills are too young and green to pull this one out.    I'm just
hoping that they don't get embarrassed (and I do think Jauron will keep
that from happening.)   Pick: PATRIOTS

Dallas at Jacksonville - Terrell Owens and Drew Bledsoe haven't
self-destructed... yet.  Pick: COWBOYS

Chicago at Green Bay - Brett Favre may really regret coming back.  Pick:
BEARS

San Francisco at Arizona - Grand opening of the Desert Dome.  Pick:
CARDINALS

Indy at New York Giants - Eli is no Peyton.   Pick: COLTS

Minnesota at Washington - We're about to see if the preseason really
doesn't matter, as no team looked worse in August than Washington.   I'm
inclined to agree.. Pick: REDSKINS

San Diego at Oakland - Art Shell is going to need some time to turn this
thing around.  Pick: CHARGERS