On 8 Sep 2006, at 4:27PM, Charlie Bell wrote:

On 08/09/2006, at 3:47 PM, Ritu wrote:

Okay, I can often do diplomacy. So here goes:

I think that agnosticism is the only rational position in this argument, that everything else, atheism included, is as much a matter of personal
wishes and comfort as anything else.

I disagree - atheism is a perfectly rational position. There are many forms of god espoused, many religions, and none seem to have any more authority than any others. It just seems to depend where you're born on which you get told is true. So it's not such a leap to think that they're *all* stories. Plenty of good life lessons and moral issues taught through those stories, but just stories nevertheless.

Agnosticism : ~Believe {God(s) exist} is true
Atheism : Believe {God(s) exist} is ~true

Which are equivalent in a two-valued logic system.

True/False/Haggis Maru
--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Our products just aren't engineered for security." - Brian Valentine, senior vice president in charge of Microsoft's Windows development team.