--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], David Hobby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> unleashed a promotional blitz in the last week for a new
"docudrama"
> >> called "The Path to 9/11". ABC has thrown its corporate might
behind the
> >> two-night production, and bills it as a public service: a TV event,
> >> quote the ABC tagline, "based on the 9/11 Commission Report".
> >> slander Democrats and revise history right before Americans vote in
> >> major election.
> >> off the air.
> > If this post was supposed to convince me of something - it certainly
> > failed.
> >
> > And of course, I'd be curious how many letters you wrote to movie
> > theatres to get them to keep Farenheit 911* off the screens....
> > JDG
>
> JDG--
>
> There was a time when the FCC tried to keep television
> programming balanced. The argument is that the airways
> (and the schools) are public property, and that insuring
> balance there is for the public good. This is different
> than whether or not a movie is shown in a theater.
>
> I'm sure you know this already, and were just stretching
> a bit to make a nice-sounding response.
>
> ---David
>
> Bad analogy Maru

And.....

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Nick Arnett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 9/8/06, jdiebremse [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > And of course, I'd be curious how many letters you wrote to movie
> > theatres to get them to keep Farenheit 911* off the screens....
>
> Fahrenheit 911 was slanted, hugely slanted. It raised questions that
> could be interpreted as innuendo. It presented things in questionable
> context.
>
> This thing CBS intends to air contains misstates well-established
> facts.. which just happen to be the same damn falsehoods that have
> been used to justify the war in Iraq, suspend or eliminate civil
> rights and other enormous policy changes.
>
> There's a huge difference there. It's one thing to spin things your
> way, quite another to say things that aren't true or present "history"
> that didn't happen.
>
> Moore's movie played in private theaters. ABC is using the public
> airwaves. There is a difference.
>
> Nick

So, if ABC had decided to air Farenheit 9/11 this weekend instead would
you all agree or disagree that such an action would be a "bald-faced
attempt to slander Republicans and revise history right before Americans
vote in a major election?"

Additionally, would you agree or disagree the federal regulators should
engage in political censorship of content on American airwaves, either
all the time, or near the time of an election?

JDG