--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I don't think the downfall of Egypt (and WHICH downfalln too?) would
be due to resource depletion neccessarily, since the downfall was due to
conquest by external forces (with vastly superior organization,
resources, etc) at a time when monumental construction was out...

Additionally, if my memory serves me correctly, Egypt went on to become
one of the most important and productive provinces in the Roman Empire.
Thus, it hardly seems to have been "depleted."

JDG