JDG wrote:

> > And why do reports about Iran's nuclear program [any of them, from
> those
> > which claim disaster looms a few months ahead to those which claim
> that
> > nuclear capability is nearly a decade away]cause such a lot
> of alarm?
>
> Our intelligence said that the DPRK was a nearly a decade away too.

Yeah well, your intelligence also said strange things Iraq's
capabilities. It has been a couple of years since I took the
pronouncements of the US intelligence agencies seriously. Not because
you guys suck, but because it is hard to know what political agenda is
moulding the public pronouncements.

> In any event, Iran still doesn't recognize Israel's right to
> exist,

So? That doesn't mean that Iran is going to bomb Israel, even if it does
get the bomb.

> regularly leads rallies chanting "Death to America",

So what? With an arsenal as big as yours, you guys really ought not be
worried about people chanting slogans, especially when the chanters are
not even on the same continent as you.

> and on top of all that, would have questionable institutional control
over any nuclear bombs
> that it would produce.

This is interesting. What do you base this on?

> Other than that, though, I'm not worried.....

That's nice. :)

Ritu