The evidence for this is rather mixed....and since I'm arguing that the
negative effects of global warming are not as great as the cost of full
mediation, I try to use the 1-sigma high data.

The effects on sea level are complex.  First, there is the expansion of the
seas due to the higher sea temperatures.  That's the basis of the rise of 10
cm or by 2100 given in earlier estimates.  This assumes that the effects on
land ice masses are minimal.

There have been measurements over a span of years that indicated that
Antarctic ice was thickening.  More recent data indicates thinning.  To
first order, this should be taken as neutral data, in the composite.

Greenland data indicates that the movement of the glaciers may be increasing
in speed.  If this proves out to be a long term trend, there could be a rise
of 1-2 meters in sea level by 2100.  We'll have a better estimate in a few
years.

Finally, I wasn't thinking of sea level rise as much as changes in rainfall
patterns causing changes in the regions favorable for crops...as the source
for mass migration.  Canada and Siberia look to be opened up, while dryer
regions, e.g. immediately below the Sahara, might see less rainfall.  This
would promote migrations.

Dan M.