Ah, the "Blood Type Diet", which is almost certainly pure woo:

"Allele O phylogenetic analysis suggests that the most frequent
silencing mutation (deletion of a G in exon 6) appeared once in human
evolution in the ancient O02 allele lineage and that allele O01
resulted from an interallele exchange between O02 and A101. Assuming
constancy of evolutionary rate, diversification of the representative
alleles of the three human ABO lineages (A101, B101, and O02) was
estimated at 4.5 to 6 million years ago."

Roubinet F, Despiau S, Calafell F, Jin F, Bertranpetit J, Saitou N,
Blancher A. "Evolution of the O alleles of the human ABO blood group
gene" _Transfusion_ (2004) May;44(5):707-15

4.5 - 6 million years ago. Not 4-6000 years ago.
Charlie.

Type O was the original paleolithic blood type. Type A showed up after
agriculture changed our diet from hunter/gatherer. Then type B, AB,
etc.

I didn't realize type O (high protein diets) correlates with internet
posters.
I am A positive which means I should be a vegetarian.
Instead I am a carnivore and like my steak medium rare.
 -- Jon  :{

Jon......that is all bull.
It is doubtful that there is any truth to it at all.
xponent
Pop Culture Crap Maru
rob

i suspected as much since i crave meat and hate vegetables.  i used to
see a homeopathic m.d who wrote a diet and health book based on blood
types.
i expect that any correlation between blood types and internet posters,
is even more unlikely.  i don't believe in astrology, either, although
i do have many characteristics of being a double virgo.