On Jan 28, 2008, at 1:20 PM, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:

> At 12:20 PM Monday 1/28/2008, Dave Land wrote:
>
>> Then again, I am at the far-liberal end of Christianity, to the point
>> that there are probably plenty who call themselves Christians who,
>> learning what I believe, would no longer count me among their number.
>
> At least they don't ask you how many wives you have . . .

Yes, it's amazing how a practice of your Church of roughly 100 years ago
which, by some accounts, was not all that widely practiced, and
by no means _the_ defining characteristic of the Church) is all that
most people seem to know about. To some extent, you can thank HBO's "Big
Love", which, like most interest in Mormon Polygamy, seems to be based
on the titillation factor, more than anything else.

We Methodists only have the expression "Dry as a Methodist picnic" to
stereotype us.

Dave