William T Goodall wrote:
>Nick Arnett wrote:
>>Hmmm... the cult of Macintosh. It is like a religion with many
>>people, you know. Creepy sometimes.

>Calling Mac users a cult is like calling atheists a religion. One of
>those rhetorical devices where you turn the turn the truth upside >down.

>Microsoft is much more like a cult, in Redmond/Mordor trying to
>forge the One OS/Ring to bind all the users in darkness :-)

I dunno.  I think Nick's right.  Apple fanatics are like a small,
fringe cult; let's say the Jim Jones' group.  Whereas Microsoft is
more like one of the large, established monolithic religions with
millions of followers and lots more money to throw around on
converting the masses.  :-p

Jim
Following the metaphor Maru