> >> Let's not forget a total lack of vision when
> it comes to energy policy.
> > Doug

> Agreed. And after I posted it I thought more carefully
> about it, and
> decided that I really had to add disastrous fiscal policy
> leading to a
> plummeting dollar. That not only has driven up oil prices
> (in dollar
> terms), but has led OPEC countries to start the move away
> from selling
> in dollars to other currencies, like the Euro.
> Regards,
> --
> Kevin B. O'Brien

wasn't saddam was already considering changing to the euro standard, which was
one (1) of the reasons we invaded that hasn't been recognized.  that certainly
contributed to why france and germany were so adamant against the invasion,
because it would benefit europe if the price of gas in europe and america were
to be more equitable.  bush's fiscal policies had a lot more impact than
reactionaries like to admit.  bush's response to katrina, for example, is
another of his many disastrous fubars that will be felt for a long time.
jon