On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Chris Frandsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John, if you look to at what Jimmy Carter tried to tell us before his
> last failed election run against Reagan and compare it to where we are
> today you might reconsider his position in history.
>
> A friend Andrew Bacevich addresses some of this in his new book, The
> Limits of Power.(shameless plug for Skip)
> You might want to watch the discussion on Bill Moyer's Journal
> http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/08152008/watch.html
>
> I totally agree with Olin's comments.  I am not sure how Obama will
> support the scientific community other than getting out of the
> business of trying to make scientific reports match political agendas.
> I suspect his economic social and foreign policy initiatives to get us
> back on track will force science budgets to the back burner.
>
> Chris Frandsen
> Remember Remember 4 November!
>
> <snippage>

I do remember Jimmy Carter, even voted for him in 1976 and 1980. Also
watched what
Andrew Bacevich had to say on Bill Moyers (Brian Lehrer on WNYC also
interviewed
him. You can download it here:
http://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/episodes/2008/08/20)

Carter was correct when he said that we were living beyond our means. Too
bad we
didn't want to hear it.

john