Jon Louis Mann wrote:

>>> I bow down to the Chinese volleyball girls,
>>
>> Err... They were blasted 3 x 0 by the Brazilian volleyball
>> girls :-P
>
> missed that, congrats to brazil!~)

It was the first time the girls won the gold medal. They didn't
even win it at the Pan american games, here in Rio - they lost
to the archnemesis Cuba team.

BTW, I think I mentioned this before. During the closing ceremony,
everybody cheered the USA team, and booed the Cuba team, because
Cuba left the games one day before the end - the Zero Hypothesis was
fear of desertion, the Alternative Hypothesis was the aerial chaos in
Brazil.

> did you happen to see the joke on
> letterman about the chinese volleyball girl?

No.

BTW, how can China still have female teams, with its enormous abortion
rate?

Alberto Monteiro