Charlie Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Yes - regulations should be about putting a brake on waste and
> environmental damage, unethical practices and exploitation.

I don't understand the "yes", since what follows the yes does not agree with
what
I wrote. Waste is not something that can be efficiently identified and reduced
by
politicians. And "environmental damage" has become trendy for politicians to
talk about, but the cures they propose are invariably more harmful. So, No, not
"Yes". I would probably agree with a carbon tax or similar measures that forces
carbon-emitters to bear the costs of pollution that everyone must endure, but
government should not be creating specific rules on "waste" and "environmental
damage". As far as unethical practices and exploitation, the politicians excel
at
those pursuits. Not a good idea to have politicians defining what is ethical or
exploitative, beyond a basic legal framework for protecting property and liberty
that was already established ages ago.