At 04:08 PM Thursday 5/14/2009, Dave Land wrote:
On May 14, 2009, at 10:03 AM, Chris Frandsen wrote:

Our society considers using hormone enhancement for improving
physical performance cheating. Will we treat brain enhancement the
same way? How about the Chinese, Japanese and Russians? Is this the
new arms race? I suspect, yes, but it will probably be our grandkids
worrying about it.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20227083.700-will-designer-brains-divide-humanity.html?full=true&print=true

Right. Plug-ins for our brains. I think I'll opt out.

If you've seen what a badly-written plug-in can do to a browser or
PhotoShop, imagine what it can do to your brane.

Dave

Just think about how much trouble we have already with spell-checkers . . . :D

"Brane And Brane!  What Is Brane?!" -- Eymorg Cosmologist, Maru

. . . ronn!  :)