Doug Pensinger asked:

So who has a Kindle (I know someone mentioned them before), how do you like
it and what do you read on it?
I just got one today and am attempting to download the NY Times (free 14 day
trial) right now.  It seems like it's taking a long time...

I have one; I've had it since February. I'm sold on it.  I just took a trip
and read three book and several of the Hugo nominated short works and it's
all in a small, easy to carry device. I've purchased several novels from
Amazon and sent numerous Gutenberg (and other free source) books to Amazon
for conversion and they get them back in less than an hour.

A couple of drawbacks: The SF and fantasy books I like have maps, sometimes
a lot of maps. It is easy to "thumb" back to the maps, but it is a slow
process. Also, in Robert Charles Wilson's "Justin Comstock: A Tale of
22nd-Century American," there are a lot of comments. I checked at a
bookstore and in the hardback version, all the comments are footnoted at the
bottom of the respective page. In the Kindle version, all the footnotes are
at the back of the book with no reference to which page on which it was
referenced. So, there are some bugs to work out, but I think that is a
publisher formatting issue, not a Kindle issue.

But overall, I love it.

About Amazon deleting "1984" and "Animal Farm" from people's devices, not a
big deal to me. I agree with most that they should not have done it, but I
think this was a onetime bad decision and they won't even think of doing it
again.

About your problem with the NY Times, I can't say. I've not subscribed to
any magazines or newpapers.

George A