On Aug 10, 2009, at 8:40 PM, John Williams wrote:
The politician pretends to be acting
altruistically while still behaving in a self-serving manner.

But the politicians take your money by force and THEN give it to the businesses.

John:

These two sentences are the problem with people accepting your arguments.

The first is a gross generalization. Most of the politicians that I have personally met are not 'self-serving" , rather they are making a great effort to serve.

The second is not true! We live in a constitutional republic which allows us to vote for representatives at every level of government and have given those representatives the right through the constitution and the courts to tax us to maintain the societal infrastructure required to support a civilized way of life. This is not "taking your money by force".

This is the system that our fore-fathers left us. If it is not working for you then you have options, that is what free speech is all about. Getting on the internet and ranting is one of them. However I must tell you that generalizing and sarcasm usually code zero in a classroom which means they will not win you much support.

learner