John Williams wrote:
We don't like straw men or trolls
There's that "we" several more times. How many people subscribe to this
email list, and how many of them do you speak for when you say "we"? How
did you determine that these people have that view?
You're not going to claim that all the lurkers are
the "silent majority" are you?  : )

No. I don't really follow you.

John--

I don't have current figures, but I'd guess the list
has around 200 subscribers, but only 50 regular posters.
(Welcome back, Jo Anne!)  We call the other 150 "lurkers".

It looked like you were setting up to argue that the
"we" was only 50/200 of the list, or whatever.  Which
would not have been a particularly valid argument.

I do not want anything in particular with regards to what list
subscribers believe.

I note you snipped the etiquette guidelines.  : )

                                ---David