On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Doug Pensinger<brig...@zo.com> wrote:
> On the Americans are stupid issue, I would agree somewhat, but I would use
> the terms ignorant and/or intellectualy lazy rather than stupid.

I would go with lazy more than ignorant, even though ignorant may be
technically accurate, I tend to think that it is so easy to find so
much information nowadays, that ignorance on a subject is often due to
laziness (or apathy, depending on the subject). I agree that, in most
cases he cites, stupid does not apply.

> Have you seen Religulous?

Yes, but I do not remember very much. At the moment, I can only
remember 3 scenes. One where he questions a guy whose job is to teach
gay people to marry someone of the opposite sex. Another one was a
trailer church. And the most memorable one was inside a mosque, simply
because I was surprised to see wall-to-wall carpet (I guess I am used
to seeing Christian cathedrals with no carpet)