Amen. I second, third, or thousandth the motion.

Pat

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/

From: lear...@mac.com
Subject: Wife's suggestion!
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:09:36 -0500
To: brin-l@mccmedia.com

My wife suggested this. I always go along with her ideas:-)
learner
Begin forwarded message:Hey! Let’s circulate a request for common courtesy and
civility between individuals and groups with opposing ideas.  I don’t know
about you, but I have become increasingly concerned about the verbiage and rage
Americans are expressing to and about one another.  Verbal abuse and physical
attacks send a damaging message of hostility to our youth and demolish our
image to the rest of the world.  We can and will disagree, which makes us
stronger if we remember that we are all Americans. It’s acceptable to
disagree—to not even like one another (including our president).  Let’s not
confuse freedom of speech with human decency.  Just because an action is legal
does not make it ethical. Bottom line—We profess to be a Christian nation.  It
is appropriate to ask, “What would Jesus say and do?”  I imagine he disagreed
with the actions of those cheating tax collectors and adulterous women he
befriended.  Yet, we have no record of him calling them names, swearing at
them, or making degrading comments.   Amazingly, we even have evidence that
Jesus loved his enemies. The challenge is to disagree with dignity,
intelligence and respect.  If you think this is a worthwhile message, please
forward it to others.Barbara Frandsen219 fleckba...@stedwards.edu

"Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

 Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should
dance."  unknown author