On Sep 22, 2009, at 7:48 PM, David Hobby wrote:

The "Christian nation" bit rubs me the wrong way
too.  Probably because I've heard it used to justify
things I strongly disagree with.

                                ---David
One last comment on my wife's suggestion and I think we may have exhausted this thread. It was prompted by both the news coverage of recent events and by email exchanges with old high school friends in West Texas. We live in Austin, TX so if you are at all familiar with Texas politics you can imagine the positions of the two parties. The Christian Nation line was targeted at those like her friends in West Texas. She is well aware that the Constitution calls for the separation of Church and State and for good reason.

learner