David Hobby wrote:

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_Hph-wayuo
>
> Alberto--
>
> Hi.  I think you can make a good case to keep it,
> since it involves a major character in a series
> of popular science fiction novels.

No, not my language, not my place to battle. I've tried
to keep the Portuguese language trolls away from deleting
relevant material - I can say I have been half-successful.

> The pages for the books should also link to Alvin's
> page.  But wait, the entry at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity%27s_Shore
> is just a stub...

Yes, it's a stub, and fortunately so. Another stupid decision
made in the English wikipedia was that spoilers are _not_
marked as such. Just take a look a the article about
"The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre" movie...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Passion_of_the_Christ
... or about the Titanic (the nazi rip-off by Cameron)...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_(1997_film)
... and see how carelessly it gives the end of both movies without
respect for those who don't know the stories!

> O.K., so maybe the problem is that a case can eventually
> be made for Wikipedia to keep the page, but that
> the related pages aren't detailed enough yet.  I
> can see developing a Wiki devoted to the Uplift
> Universe in the meantime, and copying its content
> onto Wikipedia as time passes.

I think the best would be to do the opposite: create an Uplift wiki,
copy _from_ Wikipedia, and remove from Wikipedia.

Alberto Monteiro