On Jul 9, 2010, at 9:29 AM, Charlie Bell wrote:

On 10/07/2010, at 2:21 AM, Dan Minette wrote:

Um..."we'll all go together when we go..."

Would you believe my 23 year old son knows many of Tom's songs without me
introducing him to them?

Yes. I discovered Lehrer, and Python, and George Carlin, and Noel Coward, and prog rock and the Beatles and Beethoven and lots of other stuff from my parents' generation and much earlier without needing my dad to show me...

...of course, I learnt lots of cool stuff from him too. Like Welsh Rugby and beer and Wimbledon FC and James Bond and The War of The Worlds.

So Dads rock. But you know, kids do discover stuff too... :_)

Maybe we should retitle this thread "Having dads makes you happy"?

Dave