On 10/15/2010 05:15 PM, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:
> At 03:23 PM Friday 10/15/2010, Dan Minette wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>>
>> California has put itself in a box and I'd expect housing prices to drop
>> another factor of
>

> ?
>

>> before it can start to rebound.  Now, there's a topic we
>> can debate. :-)
>>
>> Dan M.
>

> Something missing here . . .
>

> . . . ronn!  :)

The cost of living in California is still too high for it to compete
with other livable areas.  Therefore, no new business moves to
California, especially the bay area.  But if housing costs matched those
in the Plains or Appalachia then it would be more attractive to open a
business in California.  After all, a low cost of living is why New
England has weathered the Great Recession so well.