Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:14:56 -0700
Subject: Re: Down with the government
From: jwilliams4...@gmail.com
To: brin-l@mccmedia.com

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Pat Mathews <mathew...@msn.com> wrote:

Besides which, we greedy geezers will pass our ill-gotten wealth down to you
hard-pressed Xers and your children in due time via the normal process of
inheritance, if the medical bills needed to keep us functioning don't eat every
last bit of it up.

Not greedy, in most cases, just poor financial planners / lack of understanding
of future costs vs. savings. As demonstrated by the above comment.

As a group, Americans nearing the age they expect to retire have saved far too
little to support themselves and their care until they die (which is a lot
longer now than it was 50 years ago).  In the aggregate, there is not going to
be wealth, ill-gotten or otherwise, to pass on. The reverse, actually.