On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Nick Arnett <nick.arn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't say it was someone else's fault.  I'm a taxpayer, too.  I am also
> responsible for the bad policies.

So, if it is not someone else's fault, why do you think someone else
should pay for money that you borrowed? It sounds like you are trying
to blame others in some form of collective guilt, and therefore get
out of paying back all of the money that you borrowed.

> Please explain why nobody but borrowers should have responsibility for a
> market failure, which seems to be what you are implying.

No, you seem to be assuming that borrowers were losers, and the only
losers, in the housing bubble.

But regardless, it is a simple concept. Honor, honesty, integrity,
whatever you want to call it. If a person agrees to something
voluntarily, then they should keep their word.
I'm pretty sure you voluntarily agreed to borrow money and pay it back.