At 08:49 AM Monday 6/4/2012, medieva...@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 6/4/2012 6:31:36 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, ronn_blankens...@bellsouth.net writes:
I plan to drag my 10" out on the
driveway or somewhere nearby where I'll have the best view, slap on
the solar filter, and at least watch the ingress phases before it
gets too low . . .

Um...

Drag out 10" and "ingress" is not a good sentence if somebody who likes to overhear conversations just happens to walk by.

Thank gawd you didn't mention a rectifier.

Vilyehm

Ahem . . .

(1)  I figured that most of the folks reading this list would know what I was talking about, either already or by reading the links I posted yesterday if they were at all interested.

(2)  We don't have sidewalks and this little neighborhood is sort of a blind sac off the busier road, so most of the people who just happen to walk by within earshot will probably be folks I know.

(3)  A half-hour or so ago when I saw my next-door neighbor I invited him and his wife to come over if they see me out tomorrow afternoon, and I didn't use such technical terms, but ordinary language.

(4)  The clouds are scattered and thin enough right now (pretty much exactly 24 hours to go) that we could see something if it were happening now.  Hope tomorrow will be the same:  there are some more storms predicted overnight, but I hope it will clear up by tomorrow afternoon.

(5)  I checked out the telescope, eyepiece case, and filter while I was out there, and all seem ready to go.  There's some dust on the mirror, of course, but any of you who have worked with telescopes will realize that it takes a whole lot of dust to do as much damage to the image as the damage cleaning can do.

(6)  If the weather is acceptable, I might even drag out a portable black/white/green/whatever it is board and make a sign inviting them in case any neighbors do walk or drive by.

;)

. . . ronn!  :)