<ahem> the rules governing student elegibility were a little more vague in
1996 than they are today and when two of the mohawks rimini pickups asked if
they could come over and play student nationals we made sure that sussex was
in fact the closest university team to southern europe and they duly went to
the finals with us.
After winning a close game against Catch22 in the semi-finals and a
one-sided 17-5 victory over mythago in the final we went home with the
trophy, but then got busted when the Catch captain and Student-coordinator
Si Hill mailed one of our pickups 'Sven' to congratulate him and noticed his
email address was [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I recall Si not being best pleased about this and persuading us to hand the
trophy to mythago around 6 weeks later..

-alex
mohawks 1995-98

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Hims
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 31/03/2003 15:09
Subject: [BD] CU & Student Revisionist history

Looking at the CU site after the Charity Shield, I noticed the
inconsistency between Carthorse's player profile & studentultimate.com's
history records:

http://www.claphamultimate.com/player.aspx?player_id=2
&
http://www.studentultimate.com/eventshistory1996.htm
[site meant to be in frames, apologies to Barnard]

Shouldn't the profile read 'captained Mohawks to disqualification'?

While I'm here, I'd welcome any more extensive anecdotes or results
pertaining to the history of student ultimate.  Barnard's done really
well collating the top 4 for the past decade or so, but I'd really like
to get complete results for further down the rankings so that I can
track team's progress.

Finally, when I return to university I have to complete a
dissertation-esque final year project.  Since they're easier to do if
they feature something you're interested in, I'm hoping to put together
some kind of Tournament Organisation package: you plug in the number of
teams, field space, etc, and get presented a budget template, a list of
format options, water requirements etc.  If anyone would like to suggest
features they'd consider useful in such an application, or has any
resources they think suitable for budding TDs, I'd be more than happy to
accept input.

Rich, Jedi, LLLeeds
__________________________________________________
BritDisc mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc
Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp


*********************************************************************
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of the company.

If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with
good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually
virus free.

dunnhumby limited, Aurora House, 71-75 Uxbridge Road, London, W5 5SL,
UK. Company number 2388853
*********************************************************************
__________________________________________________
BritDisc mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc
Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp

Reply via email to