Some thoughts about organising Tour tourneys (arising from the field-marking
fiasco).

One of the original aims of the tour was to get us into a position where
these tournaments were run to minimum standards.  In practice this doesn't
work because there is no sanction that can be imposed if something goes
wrong.  Indeed - even though I was pretty fed up with the situation on
Saturday (and Sunday) - I still feel that in all probability Bisto stepped
up to organise something when we had few (or maybe none?) other options...
And then he didn't make any money because he was giving away the profits...
So how can I really complain?

So it leads me to conclude (actually I concluded this years ago) so it just
leads me to repeat...

I want tournament organisers (and/or their teams) to make money out of
running tournaments - I mean profit of at least �2000 - maybe more.  From
some conversations I had over the weekend with experienced TDs I know this
is possible.

It occurs to me that maybe people don't realise there is a reasonable amount
of money to be made.  In particular, there MUST be some extremely able,
skint, student types out there who could
a) run a tournament like this standing on their head
b) really do with the extra beer money.
Seriously - if you ran 3 tourneys (1 tour, 1 mixed, Nationals) - which would
reduce your overheads, and the effort you had to put in each time, you could
make 5k - probably more.  Go on - think about it.

Please.

Si


__________________________________________________
BritDisc mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc
Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp

Reply via email to