hello ED
> 
> But worse, it assumes a priori that not all teams play in the best of
> spirit! If we start to think this way we can better stop right now.


==> I don't think that's an assumption, but sadly, a fact. If all teams
played in the best of sprirt, then there wouldn't be any need for this
discussion. 

However, opting for observers suggests that we are powerless against these
teams, which fortunately today are a minority, and that the only future of
ultimate is one where players place victory above everything else. I don't
think that is the case, nor do I think that it is idealistic to believe
that high level ultimate and SoTG can co-exist. Our rules (present and
future) and way of thinking should be turned towards finding ways of
ensuring that SoTG remains an integral part of ultimate, as indispensible
as the disc itself. 
It won't be easy, but it isn't impossible. But more importantly, by
addressing the root of the problem (i.e bad spirit) those efforts will go 
a much longer way than bringing observers into the game. The way I see it,
observers are kind of like a nice cloth you'd put over a really ugly
table. Sure, your living room will seem tidier for a while, but take away
that cloth, and you're once more face to face with an ugly table. 

> Personally I like to think Ultimate never leaves the playground.

==> me too! 
F.


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spam
http://mail.yahoo.com
__________________________________________________
BritDisc mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc
Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp

Reply via email to