How many of you really consider yourselves as players of an "amateur" sport? I'm not talking about the logistics involved, but your own attitude to playing Ultimate.
Despite the official standing of the game in the wider sporting community, I think most of us dedicate enough time, thought, money and pain to playing Ultimate to make it far more than amateur to those involved. There are those for whom Ultimate is, and always will be, strictly recreational (which is great, and there should be plenty of opportunities for these players to enjoy the sport without being caught up in the politics and bureaucracies of the game), but there are also those among us that want to play at the highest level possible, despite never being able to play "professionally".
Just because Ultimate isn't technically a professional sport, doesn't mean we should be professional and be able to play to those sorts of levels and standards.
I don't necessarily think the details of the new testing policy are appropriate, but that doesn't make the concept inappropriate.
Anna.
__________________________________________________ BritDisc mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp
