quoting from my UKUA letter... >>> As a part of your membership package you are insured whilst participating in the activity of ultimate anywhere in the world, including direct travel to & from the activity within the UK for personal accident cover. The benefits of this insurane cover you for death, for loss of one or more limbs, the loss of sight in one or both eyes, the loss of speech, the loss of hearing, for permanent total disablement and for up to �500 dental expenses, excluding the first �50 of each dental claim. If you need, in the course of the year, to make a claim on this insurance, please contact the UKUA office. >>>
It strikes me that this doesn't really cover things like: physio treatment for strains/sprains/dislocations/breaks sustained whilst playing; or foreign medical fees related to such injuries, or more minor ones. Tina - can you please confirm, and advise whether UKUA have a recommendation for any travel insurers or policies? Do the UKUA's insurer's offer/broker such policies that would suit travelling Ultimate players? I keep finding >>Exclusions: ... organised competition, ... championships, ... , officially organised practice or training, ...<< in the travel insurance policies I've looked at so far! Regards Wayne PS: Thanks to all the people that have so far sent me info on who they insure with. --- Wayne Retter [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----Original Message----- From: Hartley, Luke To: Wayne Retter Date: 07 May 2004 12:21 Subject: Medical insurance Wayne, I may be mistaken here but when I got my UKU members pack through this year, the newsletter specifically said that as a paid up member of UKU, you are covered for insurance at any Ultimate tournament, anywhere in the world. Might be worth checking before you splash out a big wad of cash! Luke -----Original Message----- From: Wayne Retter To: BritDisc (List) Date: 07 May 2004 10:52 Subject: [BD] travel insurance recommendations? I'm looking for an annual European policy, with the 'usual' winter sports cover and cover for participation in Ultimate competitions. Does anyone have any recommendations? My current insurer (JourneyWise Direct Limited) has advised that, when I come to renew, their new t&c won't cover me for medical claims related to participation in competition (and they can't/won't even offer me cover for an additional premium!). --- Wayne Retter [EMAIL PROTECTED] __________________________________________________ BritDisc mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp
