From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "Ben Heywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*sigh* I am not stupid!

Sorry, Jaimie, but I strongly suspect this email was written in reply to Si Statham, not me. Ooops.
Hee hee hee.

Benji

Do you think I believe all B-Tour players play in
fancy dress?

>> all teams are there to play Ultimate and compete to the best of their ability.

Really? Why do some teams get drunk then, or is alcohol conducive to
athletic performance? Maybe I am stupid. (NB: Chris Rawlinson, the 400m
hurdler, did not drink any alcohol for 1 year before the Olympics!). Do
they all run track, do push-ups for turnovers at training and have detailed
O and D plans, including audibles? Please do not patronise me by suggesting
that the same level of dedication and effort is made at all levels.

>> all players, regardless of what Tour they play in, want all of those things you mentioned.

Want, perhaps, but they are not consistently available at present, which
frankly is not good enough, and if the way that can be achieved is by
better targeting of venues then that is what we have to do. And pray tell
me why the A-tour having good venues implies anything about where the
B-Tour would then play?

>> How does having the B-Tour at the same venue as the A-Tour stop you from playing the best ultimate you can?

Because it takes more effort to fill 20 pitches-worth of water bottles than
it does 8! Etc. etc. etc.!

>> The Tour should NOT just be about the top 8/16 teams, it is a means of bringing young/inexperienced players through from uni level to international level.

I agree, but the A-Tour is!

Jaimie

Jaimie Cross
General Secretary