--- Alex Bowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think GB players in Finland felt the effects of a long season,
> mentally more than physically, where there was no respite from Winter
> Leagues, GB Practices, Club Practices and Tour Events for 8 or 9
> months.

So the problem here is not the dimestic sport but the managment of the
top players.  A friend put it to me recently that the best players will
want to play as much of the sport as they can.  To combate that in
hockey this year the GB squads were banned from playing for national
league teams over the winter.  Im not the person to say this would be
good for UK ultimate. Next time around it should be considerd by the GB
team mangers what the players are doing the season before the
compotition.

Running shorter seasons and seperating how it all works is great. I
dont think timing it for students is going to work because universitys
timetable exames indevdually.  Its be discused by the uni community for
a couple of years (and probably longer) when is the best time for
student regonals/nationals. We can only make it as esey for every one
to play as is possible, people still need to want to play under the
conditions provided.

Phil
LTD #44