Hi all,

            We (Skunks) have been successful in bidding for Women's Indoor 
Nationals and
            have just found out that Uni Mixed Nationals will be on the same 
weekend so
            naturally we are a bit annoyed. However, this for me is the straw 
that breaks
            the camel's back as far as tournament dates are concerned and I 
want to see if
            other people feel similarly.

            A few points:
            =========

            1) Many Uni tournament dates for this year have been announced very 
late (e.g.
            Uni Indoor Nationals)

            2) There are several cases of tournament clashes (e.g. Indoor 
Qualifiers,
            Womens/Mixed Nationals)

            In my opinion it is simply not acceptable that National tournaments 
should
            clash- it is not fair on hosts or playing teams and inevitably 
lowers the
            playing standard of both tournaments.
            I do not know the ins and outs of how allocation is organised but I 
feel
            something has to change. Is it not possible to publish a list of 
tournament
            dates at the start of a year and then people bid to host for that 
weekend only?
            I appreciate that non-annual events (e.g. European Clubs) might 
occasionally
            interrupt this but that would be a serious minority of cases. I 
think that such
            a scheme would also reduce the workload on the UKU.
            Thoughts much appreciated either via the group or personally,

            Regards
            Luke Tregidgo

            .............................
            Luke Tregidgo, Skunks Captain
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            www.SkunksUltimate.co.uk
            .............................
           
     
__________________________________________________
BritDisc mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://zion.ranulf.net/mailman/listinfo/britdisc
Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp

Reply via email to