It is my pleasure to announce that applications to represent Great Britain
at the 2013 World Games in Cali, Colombia are now open.

The World Games is the pinnacle of international ultimate; just thirteen
players can be selected to represent each country - seven men & six women -
and only six countries compete.  GB will join Australia, Canada, Colombia,
Japan and the USA in this event, run by the International Olympic
Committee.  Having been privileged enough to represent GB at the 2009 World
Games, I can tell you that this really is an amazing opportunity.  If you
like the sound of walking into a full stadium in the athlete's parade, or
playing ultimate in front of thousands of spectators (with cheers, boos and
autograph sessions after the games), then read on!

For 2013, GB are aiming to win medals.  We aim to plan, strategise, coach
and perform to a world class standard.  This requires a high level of
commitment, and we expect all applicants to make GB World Games their
number one ultimate priority for the 2013 season.

We are looking to get one step ahead of the opposition by training like a
club team, and plan to train or play together three times a month in a
close proximity to London.  If you live outside and are worried about
travel costs, don't be: travel costs will be pooled, and non-Londoners will
not be discriminated against in our selection process.  All practices will
be on weekends; one full weekend per month, and two single day practices
per month.

We are looking to select a squad of between 26-30 players to train together
regularly until a final selection is made.  If you are interested in being
part of this process, please fill in the application form below by Monday
12th November.  Successful applicants will be invited to tryouts which will
take place on one day over the weekend of 24-25th November in London;
please do NOT book travel until you receive further instructions as the
time and venue are still TBC.

Further details and the application form can be found here:

http://goo.gl/eHwxv

I look forward to seeing you soon

Brummie

on behalf of The UK Ultimate World Games Management Team