On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Param Hanji <param.catchch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks a lot! Any leads on how to use the partition list output by
> boolfinal()? I'll need to convert this back into an array of segs to be
> further processed.

Can I just copy inhit and outhit directly for every partition in the list?
> To be honest, I'm little unclear about the difference between a partition
> and a segment.
>

>From include/rt/partition.h:
"The partition structure contains information about intervals of the ray
which pass through geometry.  A partition consists of one or more segments,
which are woven together via rt_boolweave to form the final "solid"
partitions that describe solid segments of geometry along a given ray."

I'm a little unsure about it myself. It seems to me the difference is that
the partitions are non-overlaping sections of a ray, while the initial
primitive intersect segment list sections may overlap. It also looks like
the partition segments contain, by definition, solid sections.

Yes for starters just copying the inhit and outhit for every partition in
the list should do the trick.

---
PhD in Computer Engineering (Computer Graphics)
Instituto Superior Técnico/University of Lisbon, Portugal