On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Param Hanji <param.catchch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The other issue is that the number of partitions per pixel is not
>> necessarily the same as the number of segments. IIRC it may be larger. I
>> changed the patch to only copy the first partition per pixel. This may not
>> be sufficient when doing multi-hit rendering.
>>
>> I had an insight on this and wrote a post. Check this out -
>
> https://catchchaos.wordpress.com/2016/07/11/shading/

Yeah this might be a problem.

Let me know what you think.

>> There may still be issues with the regionbits and solidbits
>> initialization. Or, like you said, with a mismatch between the
>> implementation of the partitions and the segs that are currently used in
>> the OpenCL shading code.
>>
>> I still think this is an important issue and am stumped as to how to get
> around this.

We need to check the OpenCL and ANSI C algorithms and compare the traces
for at least a couple of meaningful pixels.
You could compare the pixel datastructures at the places where you now
perform the copies from/to the GPU and similarly for the ANSI C code.

> Also, is your local copy functional. Do you get correct results with
> weaving in OpenCL?

Nope. The image looks corrupted. It does not crash anymore (it used to
crash here) but its not working properly yet.

Sorry for the delay, my Nvidia drivers crashed suddenly and I took some
> time to fix and update them.

If you get working drivers do not to update them. :-)
NVIDIA sometimes messes up on a revision as they usually test on their most
recent cards but sometimes the older cards stop working. I don't know how
the process works on MacOS X though.

Regards,

--
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
PhD in Computer Engineering (Computer Graphics)