On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Param Hanji <param.catchch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Try -P1 if you want only 1 worker process/thread.
>>
>> Yup, this did it. Thank you!
>
>> Another interesting thing that has happened is that the GPU pgm files
>> contains an inverted image (and it is possibly a mirror image as well). But
>> the final image generated isn't inverted (although it is still corrupted).
>>

>> That's because you wrote out 1st quadrant data in 4th quadrant order.
>> Pix buffers are indexed from the bottom up, left to right.  Pgm data is
>> expected to be from the top down, left to right.  That means the resulting
>> image is flipped vertically (or horizontally+180 rotation).
>>
>> Ahh I thought something like this must be the issue, just needed
> confirmation.
>
> Anyway, on inspecting the sements and partitions, I feel that weaving
> happens as expected. The InitialPart lists generated match on both the CPU
> and GPU sides. FinalPart pgm on the GPU however is the exact same as
> InitialPart. I confirmed this using diff. Any idea what is wrong?
>
> I've attached all the pgm files too.

Previously the buffer wasn't in write mode (I think) and you need to update
the 'h' indexes to say which segments are in each pixel. It may be
necessary to resize the array of segments in the GPU because it might not
be of the same size as it was before the boolean ops. So you should first
generate FinalPart lists for all pixels and after that write all the
results to the GPU instead of doing it pixel by pixel. Right now we can't
compute the size of the FinalPart list a priori.

--
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
PhD in Computer Engineering (Computer Graphics)