Hi Abhishek,

I'm sure there are many ways you can contribute here.
I've just looked for the first time at our pnts primitive (beside a small
fix for a compiler I made there 9 years ago).  I think this was meant with
"BRL-CAD has a basic point cloud primitive."  And as far as I can see, it
has no real functionality yet.  Especially, the pnts primitive doesn't
describe a 3D solid, which is a problem for a software designed to handle
3D solids.  The pnts primitive sketches currently an idea of how a point
cloud could be handled in BRL-CAD.  E.g., it provides the necessary load
and save functions and the hooks into the mged and archer GUIs.  This
should ease the implementation of the real 3D functionality because you
don't need to struggle with this much any more.

Therefore, if you have an idea of how to bring pnts to live you are
welcome.  Feel free to discuss it here.  Point clouds are often the result
from 3D scans and a matter of visualization which we want to have in
BRL-CAD too.

Regards,
    Daniel