Hello,

Paul confirmed in the Slint list that the issue only occurs in a GUI.
This is with a Focus 80 Blue (5th Gen)

This has been also confirmed by another user, Pawel Loba, quoted below:
> Hello Paul, So you simply have a bigger brother of my unit. One way or the
> other, I must confirm your finding regarding the lack of input capabilities of
> Braille keyboard within the terminal and relatively poor navigation too.

Pawel later clarifies that by "terminal" in the quoted text above he actually
meant "mate-terminal" and added a few details, quoted below:
> As far as I can say, all is good in the text mode.
> After I open the graphical mode running Mate and opening the terminal with
ctrl+alt+t, there is no way to type in using the Braille keyboard which is a
part of our Braille displays. Navigation is also pretty useless with the
dedicated Braille displays' keys.

As an aside this explains why Paul had no issue during the Slint installation,
which occurs in text mode.

Now that we know that the issue occurs only in a GUI, should it be also posted
in the Orca mailing list on would that just bring confusion?

Cheers,
Didier