On 17-10-2023 21:00, Dave Mielke wrote:
If you ever figure out the bdist_wheel stuff, please let me know. I think this'll eventually become rather important since building on recent Linux is now warning me that using setup.py is deprecated.

Even when I use bdist_wheel, I'm getting the deprecation warning, but the blog post the deprecation warning links to still says bdist_wheel is valid.

Wheel whould be a necessary package though. however, it looks like setup.py is only used on Windows, is that correctly? I am very unknown to and uncomfortable with Makefiles.

If you give me some direction as of what build tools you're using with Python 3.8, I can mimic your build environment and then provide pull requests on how to bring this forward.