Hello,

Jason J.G. White, le ven. 15 déc. 2023 11:09:41 -0500, a ecrit:
> On 15/12/23 10:23, John wrote:
> > Secondly, disabling the service ought to have been sufficient to prevent
> > the software from disrupting the operation of the system, but it wasn't.
> > It had to be completely removed. Is this a bug? If so, where do I report
> > it? I see the 'issues' function on the Github repository is not enabled.
> Perhaps your Linux distribution's bug tracker, if it's ultimately a
> packaging issue.

Yes. Distributions are not supposed to install by default
the very-generic-udev-rules files, so as to avoid disturbing
generic usb/serial cards. But they should indeed install the
braille-specific-udev-rules files by default, so that blind users can
use them without having to ask somebody to configure anything.

Samuel