[quoted lines by Adrian van Bloois on 2017/03/01 at 23:59 +0100]

>Maybe there is an improvement to make, if you specify a ttb that is not a
>ttb fall back to one of those defaults  and give an appropriate error
>message.

The code automatically falls back to whatever the internal default is, even for
tables. What I'm saying, though, is that I think it'd be better if you don't
configure the table, and that, rather, you specify it in brltty.conf.
Configuring too much of what you want today makes it more difficult to be
flexible tomorrow and also hides all of the specifications inside the binary
executable where they remain much more mysterious, especially when trying to
track down the cause of a problem.

>I dont think I'm over-configuring, I want to keep the OS and a  local
>additions separate, OS in /usr and lcaol add in /usr/local.

I agree. The best solution, though, is for us to try to figure out why
--prefix=/usr/local isn't good enough.

>Also I'dlike 64-bit libs in lib64 and not in lib, this looks pretty reasonable
>to me.

To me, too. So let's also try to figure that one out. This is something which
autoconf should be getting right. I'll have a look at it.

EMail: d...@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://FamilyRadio.org/