[quoted lines by Vincent LE GOFF on 2018/03/09 at 07:44 +0100]

>So I've got my new Braille display, and would like to update its key
>bindings so it'd behave a bit closer from what it does in standalone,
>and how it behaves with other screen readers.

Which braille device do you have? Is there something wrong with brltty's
bindings for it that you think we should consider fixing?

>In the README.customize, there's no mention of respecting the directory
>structure.  However, the file I want to edit is in input/ht/rockers.kti .  So
>do I need to create a ht folder in /etc/xdg/brltty and the rockers.kti file in
>it, or do I just add a /etc/xdg/brltty/rockers.cti file?

Put it right in brltty's xdg directory. Don't create a directory structure
underneath it.

>I don't want to create conflicts with other drivers, if possible.

Yes, that's a risk. It was done this way in order to make it as easy as
possible.

>As I mentioned, I would like to change rockers.kti .  My actual driver file is
>in ht/alo.ktb.  This file imports rockers.kti (actually it imports a file that
>imports another file).  So, if I leave alo.ktb alone and just change
>rockers.kti, would the include path be updated only for this file or do I need
>to copy all the included files?

Just make a copy of the file you'd like to modify.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: d...@mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |